Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bavarian Snowballs


Heading up the hill to Neuschwanstein Castle, the sight and smell of these Bavarian Snowballs caught my senses.  I was hungry but decided to save the sweet delight for the descent.  They are basically light donut holes smothered in a powdered sugar that coated my outfit more than it did my tongue.  

The donuts were just a prelude to experiencing the Schlossrestaurant Neuschwanstein.  Upon being handed the Bavarian Snowball treat I realized that a) they looked and smelled delicious and b) I was very hungry and needed a proper meal.

So in we went.  I passed on the overpriced and slim choice of offerings at the cafe in the Castle, but was pleasantly surprised by the menu at this place.  At the end of the day I just had some fried chicken and pommes frites with mayonnaise.  The food was more than decent, especially for the price, and it was a lovely atmosphere.

Everything, everywhere has me thinking of summer and I can only dream about how lovely this restaurant is in the summertime, balconies overlooking the sprawling forest filled with travellers from all over the country and globe. 




It certainly doesn't look like it, but the restaurant was buzzing a little bit by the time we left (photo taken at the beginning of the meal).  I liked the food, and dug the atmosphere.

Bavarian snowballs led us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment