Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bruschetta for Christmas

In addition to several other dishes, I labored lovingly over my first attempt at Bruschetta.  There will indeed be many more bruschetta evenings.  I love that this tasty dish can literally serve as a meal ( a light-ish lunch perhaps?), or a delicious complement to a main course.  There is also something so deliciously sensory about it- the crisp of the bread after it has been lightly oiled and toasted, contrasted with the bright, juicy blend that is tomato and herb excitement to the max.


Getting the bread ready for the pan


Preparing tomatoes for the choppin'


Mixing the diced tomatoes, diced onions with a garlic spice blend that I made the previous day and left in the fridge overnight so the flavors could really merge.


Throwing  a good amount of chopped basil into the mix


Lightly toasting and crisping the bread with olive oil in a pan


Not all as golden as I had planned, but hey, this was the first go.  I will perfect my technique!


End result: completely edible and pretty tasty.  I am very exhausted to continue on with this recipe and try it out a couple of times a month, with variations!   Bruschetta Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment